Sunday 29 May 2022

Mattel hits a slam dunk... in the trash

 I'm convinced Carlyle Nuera is a spy and a plant, sent to destroy the Barbie brand.


For a while he managed to trick us into thinking he had potential. I admit I was fooled at first... I bought the Convention doll in red, even if I didn't understand the Dilophosaurus-like frills on the outfit. 


But after seeing the second and third dolls in this series, I now see Carlyle has descended into madness and no-one at Mattel has the sense God gave a turnip to tell him his designs are bad.



Poor Mariko and her blue eyebrows.


Seriously. Try to say something nice about the yellow get-up. 

 
Ugh. I don't even believe he likes Barbie dolls, probably never played with them as a child. He should save himself further embarrassment as a designer and resign and go flip burgers or something... He'd be better suited to a 9-5 in a non-artistic field. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally!... sort of...