Friday 30 April 2021

Uninspired by uninspiring dolls

 I haven't been posting regularly for a number of reasons.


First, I haven't been inspired... all the crap that Mattel puts out would only inspire me to flush it down the loo.


Second, I feel very alone and alienated as a collector. Barbie collectors seem to like the plain, stiff-body "Fashionistas", 'meh' BMR1959 dolls, and ugly Barbie Extra dolls now on the market. Even the Zara Barbie dolls are "blah" to me. 


Images below are from IG:





Third, I'm like, "What's the point?". Hardly anybody posts on Flickr anymore and IG is flooded with dolls I don't much care for (*cough* "Fashionistas" *cough*). Only a handful of collectors seems to share my passion for an era when Barbie was great and the name was actually a respected brand instead of the joke it is today.


But recently I saw three dolls which caught my eye... 




Papusile.mele says they're collector dolls, but if that's true, Barbie Collector is also in the toilet. I mean, they're cute but they're just...I don't know... OK... Not sure they merit the furor of collectors. Mattel has set the bar so low, the dolls they should be putting out are being hailed as the best thing since sliced bread. Sad.


1 comment:

  1. It's odd to see these same dolls over and over again on IG.

    ReplyDelete

Finally!... sort of...