Saturday 18 April 2020

I Can't Seem To Bond With These Dolls...

Have you ever bought a doll only to discover that you don't much like it? That has happened to me a few times. I snatched up dolls I thought I really wanted or I thought were going to sell out fast, only for me to realize I don't like them.

Now the dilemma - still add them to my doll community with minor roles or sell them? (I've never sold a doll before because the shipping costs where I live are prohibitive.) I'm between 2 minds...

Here are some of the dolls I can't seem to bond with:

This fashionista was cute in the promo pics but, having her in hand, I'm not a fan.


I was so sure I was going to love this girl. Before I got her I had been liking pictures of her that other people posted online. Then I got her and... meh. I even put her on an mtm body to see if my liking for her would increase with articulation but to no avail.


This doll is my most disappointing purchase. I like the Bambi facemold just fine. A doll with a short haircut? Yes! Bangs? Sure. But somehow Mattel managed to mess this face up. I don't know what it is...maybe her eyes are too big for her face. Whatever it is, I can't seem to grow fond of her.


Which dolls do you regret buying?

2 comments:

  1. That last doll's eyes are too big for her face, for sure. They make her look kinda creepy. Too bad because her nose is really cute and the short hair is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! I love the short bob but if Mattel was aiming for big, doe eyes, they overshot the mark. This was a foreshadowing of the horrible face painting to come...

      Delete

Finally!... sort of...